Thursday, October 11, 2007

what the hell is samsung doing?

Each day I learned something new, so that's a plus.

I went to my friend's house to pick up my mail over the weekend. I still use his address in SF for all my correspondence, even though I have come back from Mexico for almost 7 months now.
I found a strange letter from some sort of private investigation company. It turned out to be a report on my background that Samsung asked them to do on me. (So, I guess by law, the agency has to send me a copy.) Don't know why I have to have a series of unfavorable events with them. :( They did not trust me. They did not trust my resume, my said experience and skill sets that they had to hire a 3rd party to run a background check on me. It probably costs a lot to make it mandatory on any potential new-hire and I was "randomly" chosen. I felt very humiliated. But I'm okay now. Lucky me, I guess. Now I know my own history as well. On the plus side, I can show it to the next potential employer of mine and save them a lot of work. :)

No comments: