Tuesday, March 17, 2009

To shrink photos - to reduce the size of the photo

well, I used craigslist's ad-posting portal and powerpoint to do so.

Craigslist, fisrt, I can import the fotos using the functions there and later right click to save the photos to desktop. It quickly shrink the photo size from 1.22mb to 6kb, as shown here. These are about 300 x 225. So, any regular-sized photos that I took using my old camera can be reduced to this size simply using this method. This is another surprise find.





With Powerpoint, I used the camara icon to import the photos, then right clicked on the imported image there to "save picture as". This way, it shrinks the photo size from 1.22mb to about 120kb.


To further shrink the size to 281x211 pixels, I used Irfanview. However, the size is about 64kb, instead of 6kb. Well, they are igually small to me now. So, I am happy now.
I was able to use the HTML table functions to make before-after table for the ad. I simply used the img src= command to retrieve the photos that are hosted at Picasa, which is a Google-owned company.
I realize that I can't live without Google. I haven't used Microsoft for internet purpose much now. But I have self-taught Access and I find it very, very useful.

No comments: