Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First Day with Christi Marquina

We went to Jorge Marquina's funeral. Deep down, I still blame myself for causing them a string of bad luck. The poor Marquina family. We brough Christi, because I don't know what to do with her. She stayed in the car for 1 1/2 hours. Luckily, she was able to sleep in the car most of the time, despite of the cold. I guess, I will get used to it more and more.

I did not sleep well last night, because most of the time I was very concerned if the room temp is warm enough for her or if she would stray away in the middle of the night and knock down something and injure herself. It turned out that she was quite behaving herself. The various times when I woke up to check on her, she is in her own bed right next to mine.

I got her used to the leash now. at first she wasn't used to leash or had some bad experience with it, and she wouldn't budge at all. Little by little, I called her attention and got her to move. Eventually, she was okay with it. I want to do the same thing with her as with Baby. They will see the handle of the leash as a good sign that they will be going out. To Baby Marquina, she went crazy when I held up the handle.

Chrsti is now used to riding in the car with me. She waits for me in the car, and even though I put her on the passenger's sead, she would end up sleeping on my seat. She even tried to jump in the car (but failed, because she is still too small) when I was going to Jose's house to pick him up for Jorge's Funeral.

No comments: