Tuesday, January 8, 2008

KLA Tencor (through Butler International), Oakland Housing Authority

Talked with Anthony Urbina about a contract position and I got excited about it. It is right next to Cisco. I think that since my term with Cisco will end in 2-3 weeks, I should really get going and start looking. I wouldn't mind if it is only for 3 months. I will play by ear. I guess I would still have to stay here in the bay area for a few months.

The idea of taking Bart to Oakland to work is very enticing and I think it would be a great opportunity and it willl open the door for me to have a career in the public sector. I briefly checked their benefits: quite nice. 12 sick days per year. 10 days of vacation, and 10 paid holidays. So, that is not too bad. 32 days. Besides, the pay is pretty nice. at $5500 per month. I can live with that and also keep putting savings in the 401K. Sounds pretty damn good.

No comments: