Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 plans

1. CPA
I need to pass the CPA test this year. Probably one in March and one in June. Only 2 more modules to go: Value-adding strategies and Management. Both are quite fun.
I think I need to expedite the process: the preliminary test dates: march 1st and May 3rd.

2. Spanish Class:
Mission College. Spanish 004
I don't care if they won't let me register. I can audit the class. I just need to talk to Monica Rivas and have her sign something to approve it. I can finish it this semester. I don't think they are going to offer any further class than 004. Because most people will transfer to a regular 4 year college after that point.

3. Citizenship:
I need to get the citizenship and so I can finally put this immigration stuff behind. After almost 14 years, I think I really need to get it and to get the feeling of belonging. I have been feeling like an outsider. Now that the citizenship is close, I have started to care about the stuff that's happening in the U.S., meaning I am starting to read more and more political news. Well, I can't deny that I would be able to work overseas in Costa Rica or somewhere else. I think I want to be free, finally.

Who'd thought that Canada would fail my immigration application and that Mexico would deny my work visa. It is like of like the college application. You got accepted by Harvard or MIT and rejected by San Francisco State and Ohio State. Isn't it funny or rather ironic? I would never want to live in Canada because it's so cold. Mexico is nice, but the living standards are still falling way behind.

4. Miami
I think I have made enough sacrifice for Miami. Well, maybe it is just because I am lazy and because I am very good at finding excuses. Jorge Marquina is my best excuse. I keep telling people that I wouldn't leave people in a bad situation without lending a helping hand. Well, it is really not my fault how he fell ill and got hospitalized and so on. But I think it is a good excuse for not moving to Miami last year before I started the N400 process.

5. Real job
It's funny that I should say that. It is not like that I am a bum. I have been holding real jobs. Real contractual jobs. :) I think I really need to be gainfully employeed with all the benefits such as medical, dental, 401K and stock options, if possible. So, my life can take off. So, I can bring my finance back to normal. I can think about buying a house when i hit the big 4 zero.

No comments: