Tuesday, November 6, 2007

mis circunstancias

I'm usually in by 9:00 and take off at 5:30. The cafeteria is downstairs. I always just grab some salad and come back up to eat in my cube. Yeah, I never realized what "loner" means until now. It is even worse to eat at the cafeteria by yourself, isn't it? I guess we all live and learn. :)

Well, actually, they were more like confirmations of what is happening, which is progressive muscle atrophy. It progressed rapidly when I was in high school and slowed down the pace after that. No cause found. They couldn't really tell me what I have. But some, like the last one from Kaiser, said that I should just be prepared when the last muscle that helps control the functions of my fingers/hand is gone and I would not be able to tie my shoes, and other "easy tasks". A Mexican girl said that I should pray to God everyday and God would bless me. She stopped asking me why I did not find a girlfriend, though. She probably realized that she would not want herself to get in a "helping" situation for the rest of her life. I thought that's kind of funny. Hmmm..., since you don't buy that, we will have to come up with another story to explain why I am single. How about let's just say I have depression and suicidal inclination? :)

As a matter of fact, I really don't know if the Miami climate will help, but I just always know that I like the warmer weather and it makes me feel better. And that I got more cramps in the wintertime. I don't have as many cramps here in the U.S. as in Taiwan. Maybe it is the humidity plus the cold in Taiwan. Nobody knows.

Next Monday should be good. I don't have anything scheduled. Once my roommate comes back, I would start restructuring my routines/schedule/life, whatever you call it.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Barry.Conklin@hitachigst.com [mailto:Barry.Conklin@hitachigst.com]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 10:35 AM
To: Jason Li -T (jasoli - DML Technical Resources at Cisco)
Subject: RE: It's officially November



I'm usually in by 8:15.....sometimes earlier if I wake up earlier, when it's not dark and cold :)

That's good news about your roommate! I think as serious as his stroke was, it's going to take a long time.

As for your medical condition, what have the various diagnoses been? If the Miami climate would help then it would make perfect sense to move. I don't buy the story as a reason for being single.....

I meant to ask you in my previous note, what do you think about dinner next Monday?
Barry

Barry Conklin
Import/Export Compliance Ops
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, Inc.
408-717-6456



"Jason Li -T (jasoli - DML Technical Resources at Cisco)"
11/05/2007 09:53 AM
To
cc
Subject RE: It's officially November







Good morning.

You got in earlier today?

My weekend was okay. I took the dog to the beach. It's an impromptu. Also, I got some good news this weekend. I went to visit my roommate's dad, who some mistakenly presumed my father in law, and he told me that my roommate might be able to come back in a week or two and would stay with them, as my roommate would still need carefully prepared diet and continuous speech and physical therapy. This time I dared to ask his dad what they would do about the medical bills (my roommate wasn't insured), and he said they would figure it out. Since they are sending him to Palo Alto to see the therapists, I think they somehow figured out something.

As for Miami, I think I should still try to get it there. I have my own medical condition which is kind of unique and calls for the move. I have been to as many doctors as one can possibly and spent 3 weeks in the hospital going through various exams and one surgery. Various doctors have come up with their different diagnosis. The last one from Kaiser said that if I continue to lose one certain piece of muscle, my right arm would go to waste completely. He said "the last straw" could be added anytime now. So, I don't know about the humidity, but I think the warmer weather is good for my nervous system. I figured out Miami is the most suitable city for me in the U.S. It is 100% a personal thing that I want to go to Miami.

I told that story to some very nosy straight friends why I am still single and not interested in getting married and why I went to Mexico alone trying to experience as much life as possible while I can. Now do you buy that story?

No comments: