Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Caltrain Complaint

I would like to complain about the rude behavior of the female conductor on southbound 216 today (11/12). She is white, overweight with fluffy long hair. The incident happened at Hillsdale Station that today experienced a sudden spike on the number of the passengers.

I arrived at my regular hour, but was forced to seek parking over the other parking lot near TGI Friday's. I finally got a spot # 172, paid the parking ticket and ran to finally reach the last car only to get rejected and door shut at my face. I politely asked her to validate my 10-ride ticket, but she refused and said I should get it validated before I get on board, otherwise, she would write me a citation. The other male conductor was at the last car this morning as well. And as a daily commuter myself, I know that by comparison, he is a much nicer person. He greeted people and provide friendly interaction when checking tickets. That said, he would not have said those things to me, let alone doing such a horrible act to any passenger. So, he and other passengers on the train and across the rails on the northbound platform are my witnesses. He knew that she shut the door at me and I was all peaceful without raising my voice nor creating a scene.

Everyone knows the proper manner to handle this is to let the passenger get onboard, kindly “warn” the passenger that this is to do them a favor and for this time only and validate this ticket. However, I expect more from a “professional” conductor. I expect service, not rude, unprofessional behavior.

I normally buy a monthly pass along with parking permit for $126. Since this is a short month, I opted to get the 10-ride ticket. I know that I will not get any more chance to run into a situation like this. But I certainly hope that this will not happen to anyone at all.

No comments: