Monday, September 21, 2009

Stacy Perman's In n out burger

I am reading the book about in and out burger, which is a bit more interesting than that Julie vs Julia book. I am at the section where they talk about the religious beliefs that they imposed on people through the printed verses on the cup and through their commercials.

At first, I felt repulsive. Then I realized that I should be more open minded and should accept other people's freedom of speeach and to express their opinion. If they believe in Christianity, it's good. If they said: "if you don't know believe in god, you will be condemned", I will accept that. Whatever they say is just going to accept the majority of the white population, and the people who believe in it and the people who can't think for themselves and let themselves dragged into something that other people would like them to believe in. Of course, we won't expect in n out to go global with their christian self-righteousness.

I am blessed with my eastern culture and can make peace with people of different religious background.

Aside from that part, I think the basic things that I learn is that stick to quality, and with a strike of luck, you can succeed. I support in n out because of its commitment to quality. So, once in a while when I crave some hamburger, that is what I would get. I get to stick to a protein-style hamburger with no buns.

The snyder family is really just a usual, lowly educated schmuck that got lucky. I hold more respect for people with more education, generally speaking. I am interested to find out how Lynsi Martinez ousted her grandma from the company. I have not read anything about her yet. But based on what I have learned, she is a product of a white trash mom and a lowly educated, fat father who happened to be born into a local rich family whose restaurants took off because they stick to the only fundamental business principle: "quality".

No comments: